Alumni are invited to renew old friendships and reconnect with their alma mater at California State University, Northridge’s annual Founders’ Day celebration on Friday, Sept. 20.
The event, which begins at 10:30 a.m. in the University Student Union’s Northridge Center, is in its sixth year.
“It’s a wonderful event that not only commemorates the birth of this university but also celebrates the individuals who played a critical role in the university’s early years,” said Francine Oschin ’84 (Journalism), M.A., ’85 (Mass Communication), president of the CSUN Alumni Association. “CSUN has been an intricate part of the San Fernando Valley and the Los Angeles area.”
Alumni, faculty, staff and friends from the Valley State era are welcome to attend. Alumni who earned their degrees in 1963 as well as faculty and staff who began working at CSUN in 1963 will be inducted at the event into the 50-Year Club. California State University, Northridge was founded in 1958 and originally called San Fernando Valley State College.
The day will include a luncheon. Attendees can look forward to campus tours, including a visit to the Valley Performing Arts Center, the Student Recreation Center, the newly opened Oviatt Library Learning Commons, and various college and department receptions.
Tickets for Founders Day are $35. To purchase tickets or for more information about the event call (818) 677-1300 or visit the CSUN alumni association website.
2013 Founders’ Day Event Details
- When: Friday, Sept. 20, 10:30 a.m.
- Where: University Student Union
- What: Receptions; tours of the Valley Performing Arts Center, the Student Recreation Center and the Oviatt Library Learning Commons; and 50-year inductions
- Cost: $35 per person
- Sponsor: CSUN Alumni Association
- Attendees: Primarily San Fernando Valley State era alumni, faculty and staff
- RSVP: Open to all on a space-available basis. RSVP by Sept. 12 via the alumni association website or by returning the invitation reply card.
- Info: (818) 677-1300 or firstname.lastname@example.org